Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My Grandfather


On the eve of the annul memorial ceremony at my hometown a soul had been commemorated with the mark of respect of his unique faith, thoughtfulness of the truth and credentials of heroism. Addressing to the community members, my father disclosed some of the unsung traits of my grandfather, who served the EME Workshop (centre), nearby. My grandfather’s name was KaramDad. By profession, he was a mechanical engineer, blessed with immense innovative approach. By the dint of his oil-burnt efforts, the EME Centre received profound acknowledgement by the top brass bearers. He trained teeming member of young minds who provided their services with great distinction. The image of my grandfather was crafted in mind by me father. I had never been able to talk to my grandfather physically rather communicated with him through my soul. My grandfather passed away when my father was quite young, leaving behind one son and three daughters besides my father, and my charismatic grandmother, a true picture of endurance, sincerity and kindheartedness.
I have been living with immense memories of my grandfather since my childhood. A huge portrait of my grandfather displayed at the front of my room, speaks to me every morning; his unfathomable blue eyes always encourage me to cope with the heavy odds of life, as for me annual examinations had always been an up-hill task for me, and later different other missions. His incomparable appearance in the portrait had always been a symbol of dauntless courage for me to take firm decisions with iron willpower.
My grandfather was highly celebrated by all members of our family, due to his effective guidance to the then young generation. Under his leadership, the family tree grew strong with great zeal and zest. As now, they do enjoy the fruit of being educated and rightly directed towards the vital slots of the government, private and public sectors. He harbored a perfect quality of foresightedness and rooting out the differences of the family members that happened to spring on and off, and brought harmony into their lives.
My grandfather was keenly interested in the music, especially in the Sufi melodies; he was influenced by the Sufi saints deeply, and used to visit his spiritual father at Gholra Shrif, Islamabad, regularly, to fulfill his spiritual quest. He used to sing himself at different occasions.
There are different distinctions in the life of every person, yet my grandfather’s memorable accomplishments were neither stunning acclamation of wealth nor the ownership of immeasurable area of land, rather the unforgettable training of his offsprings. He went all-out for the unity of his tribe, laid firm foundations for providing education to his children, promoted positive norms for a healthy and balanced life. It not only paid him during his life but after he passed away. It was his struggle that we stand united in the society, whereas others are divided and fallen; we are educated with formal high-schooling and others are gone astray into the darkness of ignorance and it was his struggle that we are deemed and decreed the productive assert of the society. He always promoted love, peace, and harmony for every single member of society. That is why he has been quoted at different societal occasions by referring to his result-oriented solutions and by inviting his children at any critical time of the public affairs. The achievement is the perpetuation of the legacy that could not have been possible with out his considerable social, educational, moral and cultural contributions.

No comments:

Post a Comment